North Carolina Emergency Management (NCEM) hired Plexos Group to provide Program Management Support Services and Technology Solutions for its FEMA STEP Housing Program after Hurricane Florence, which devasted twelve counties in September, 2018.
Plexos' work for the NCEM's FEMA STEP Housing Program
Plexos provided unparalleled support to the North Carolina Division of Emergency Management under the STEP program funded by FEMA in response to Hurricane Florence. Our team of professionals provided expertise across multiple disciplines, including program management support and technology solutions. Plexos' timely response enabled NCEM and FEMA to rapidly deploy temporary housing units for those affected by the storm, providing a much-needed sense of security to those left in its wake.
The Plexos team was successful in getting the STEP program off the ground and running smoothly from the start, allowing NCEM to rapidly begin providing temporary housing solutions for thousands of North Carolina residents who were affected by Hurricane Florence.
Plexos provided the following supportive services:
- Design and implementation of an all-encompassing call center with full capabilities, including scalability, multiple facility support and work-from-home metrics; procurement of all equipment
- Case management of all functions (intake through closeout)
- Projexis software for tracking and managing of activities and documents of application process from intake through eligibility, construction, and closeout
- Quality control of all inspections and related documents
- Inspections, including damage assessments and initial and final inspections
- IT infrastructure and operations, including procurement of all equipment necessary for set-up of internet services
- Project controls, used to track time and expenses
- Reporting and Business Intelligence included the design, development, testing, and management of reports
- Staff augmentation, as needed
- Program website, designed and maintained
How Plexos Helped Storm Survivors
The Plexos team was instrumental in designing and executing technical solutions that enabled NCEM to manage the data associated with their temporary housing programs. They provided their expertise in developing customized software applications that allowed NCEM to efficiently track and manage the housing units, as well as monitor their performance. Through these applications, NCEM was able to better comprehend the scope of the recovery efforts, allowing them to allocate resources more effectively and respond faster in assisting those affected by the storm.
Plexos Group is proud to have partnered with NCEM and FEMA in the STEP program, providing much-needed support during a difficult time. Our experience and expertise allowed NCEM to quickly recover from the effects of Hurricane Florence, helping those affected start on their journey to rebuilding their lives. Plexos is committed to continuing the spirit of collaboration in providing innovative solutions and supporting those affected by natural disasters.
About Plexos Group
Plexos Group supports SLTT governments across the country in managing federal funding programs including the American Rescue Plan, Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, FEMA, HUD, and other funding programs as well as implementing large-scale, complex infrastructure projects made possible through public and private funding.
Contact Us to learn more about how we can help your organization maximize federal funding programs, limit risk, maintain compliance with federal laws, and leverage Projexis™ technology to expedite your next project.